Friday, April 2, 2010

Fayyaz Ahmed




Name: Fayyaz Ahmed

Fayyaz Ahmed is a professional fashion photographer based in Karachi, Pakistan. He has photographed many of Pakistan's top celebrities and models. Fayyaz has made a name for himself in such a short time due to his imagination and versatile style.



Did you go to school to study photography?
I am self-taught. I read each and everything I could find from internet and I got myself books from abroad. I still continue this practice.

How long have you been a photographer?
I have been working as a photographer since 2007.

What or who got you started in Photography?
My imagination. I used to click my surroundings with my mind even when i didn't have camera. I realized I could make good pictures if I got myself a camera.

How would you describe your style?
Even though I do have a signature style, I don't want to put a boundary around my style by defining it in words. I think the closest thing to a description could be "creative, versatile and ever-evolving".

What type of cameras do you shoot with?
I shoot with a Nikon D300 these days.

What is your favorite photography accessory, other than your camera?
Favorite accessory could be a light meter.

How important is Photoshop in your final images?
Photoshop is 1% important to my work. If someone is with me on a shoot they often comment after looking at my camera LCD, "wow your camera is doing the Photoshop for you". I should note that I don't have anything against Photoshop usage. However it should be used for the right purpose and not abused to compensate for poor photographic technique.

What has been your most memorable assignment and why?

My first ever shoot where I shot hijras in their home. It was my first ever and on a unique subject, that’s what made it memorable.

The first photographer that comes to your mind and why?
There are so many, but these days Steven Meisel comes to mind, for he is absolutely amazing and very versatile.

Is there anybody or anything you would love to photograph?
Naomi Campbell or Megan Fox, driving a Carrera for Porsche ad.. Just kidding! I care more about how I photograph rather than who I photograph.

Something you’re still learning?
I am learning so many things cant just name one.

What would you like to be doing in 5 years from now?

5 years from now I'd like to be shooting international editorials and campaigns.

Current Projects:

There are many fashion labels, clothing brands, magazine covers, celebrity portraits and album covers etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


We are providing complete interior designing services in lahore. For further details click here : Zebra Interiors - Total Home Shop

Post a Comment