Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Aamina Sheikh Interview




How long you have been in the showbiz?

Around four to five years.

Who introduced you into showbiz?
No one. I went distributing my portfolio to whoever I wanted to work with.

What are your most memorable fashion shoots or drama serials to-date?
So many! I have memories from every fashion shoot and every serial of mine. Each one has its own significance and recall value!

Is modeling your passion or just a time pass? Or a way of making money?
Definitely a passion and a profession!

What are you currently working on?
Campaigns, serials and aiming for films!

Your favourite international labels?
Chanel

Your favourite designer?
John Galliano

Your favourite photographer?
Nick Knight

What do you usually wear in daily life?
It varies; from harem pants/t-shirts, to ‘80s tops, to jodhpurs to chooridaars, to slim fits, tapering jeans, to flappers. Every day is an unexpected different look.

What is the one cosmetic you cannot do without?
L’Oreal Paris Volume Shocking Mascara

When stepping out, do you wear makeup all the time?
Not all the time. However, for the most part I step out for my work and my work requires makeup, so makeup has become a close companion in recent years!

Your idea of romance?
When a very very old couple can’t do without each other, yet tease each other like crazy and laugh insanely together without a worry in the world!

One thing you like best about yourself?
Adaptability.

Which designer’s clothes you would always love to wear?
Bunto Kazmi.

You like guys who are.....
Humble.

Your favorite stars?
Will Smith and Abhishek Bachan....(!!!)

Your most irritating habit?
Misplacing my phone and glasses.

You don’t like people who are...
Pretentious.

You always feel happy in the company of...
My childhood friends.

You are afraid of...
Air crashes.

Your most valuable possession...
My sanity!

Your all time favorite movie?
‘Notes on a Scandal’

Are you shopaholic?
Nope. I’d rather have someone else go and get me stuff that I need.

What bores you the most?
Winding and pointless talk.

When feeling low you prefer:
To be alone, have dessert, watch a movie and take a good nap!

You are crazy about....
Acting in films!

Among your friends you are known as...
Maas, maasa, missy, mana!

Are you a social person or a loner?
I’m a good balance of both, if I say so myself.

How do you like to spend your Sundays
Unwinding at home with family and no worry or deadlines in the world!