Thursday, December 27, 2012

Nausheen Shah Biography and Interview



With her fair complexion, twinkling green eyes and curly hair, actress cum model Nausheen Shah is breathtakingly gorgeous. She is not just a pretty face but also a brilliant actress. With her career spanning almost a decade, Nausheen has enacted all kinds of characters that prove her a versatile actress. Some of her notable works include, Pani Jaisa Pyar, Shaista Shaista, Mannchalay, Qissa Chaar Darvesh, Manjali, Mera Pehla Pyar and many others. Recently, MAG caught up with Nausheen where she talked about her journey as an actress, her various projects and future plans.


How has your journey been as an actor?
Well… the journey has been tough and amazing. It has been a lot of fun and I enjoy my work thoroughly. Every day is a new day, everyday you learn and have new experiences.

Tell us about your family's reaction when you decided to join showbiz. Did they support you?
No, not at all. Initially they weren't happy with the idea of me working in showbiz but eventually when they realised that this is what I really wanted to do, they accepted it.

So now when they see your performances, how do they react?
They really don't care. (Laughs)

Besides acting, you have done a lot of modelling as well. What do you like doing best – acting or modelling?
I think both have their own charm. You cannot compare the two fields. Acting has its own pleasure so does modelling. So, honestly I enjoy both.

People say models cannot act. Being a model, how would you respond to that?
I have no idea why people say that. There are so many models who are equally good at acting like Nadia Hussain, Sunita Marshall, Tooba and Amina Sheikh who is an exceptionally gifted actress. All these girls are really good.

How was your experience of working in Mera Pehla Pyar?
It was a memorable experience. Everything from the cast and crew, to the director and producer was perfect. It was a great experience, and it was amazing working with Sohail Javed. He is a wonderful director, who has a superb vision and his canvas is huge.

You did a guest appearance in Manjali. How did that happen?
I did it for Nadeem Baig and Khalil-ur-Rehman. I have tremendous respect for both of them. As far as my character in the serial is concerned, unlike popular belief it was not an outrightly negative character. The girl enters retaliation-mode only after passing through tough phases in life.

You did a soap called Shaista Shaista a few years ago. Are you currently working in any new soap?
Yes, in fact I am. It's called Diya Jalaye Rakhna and I am very excited for it.

FASHION MAGAZINEFrom your debut serial Aik Safar Tanhae to Mera Pehla Pyar, how much do you think you have grown up as an actress?
I don't know. I guess I am still learning. I believe as an actor one can never be perfect. It is a continuous process of learning.

How do you feel when you see your earlier performances? Do you laugh or are you mostly content with your work?
When we are young, we have a different way of looking at things and we often make mistakes. However, with time, we grow and get wiser. Same is the case with acting. Initially everyone makes mistakes but with time we learn. So, it's true that I do laugh at my performances sometimes but that has been my journey. I do not regret any thing and I go through my work only to hone
my skills.

What kind of roles do you enjoy doing the most?
Honestly, I do not believe in limitations. I am an actor and I am very much open to do all types of roles. An actor should not set any boundaries for him/herself because in that case he/she won't be able to grow. Unfortunately, in Pakistan, actors get type-casted. For example, if an actress plays the character of a vamp beautifully then she will continue to be a vamp in other dramas as well. I think the trend should not continue and at least I am not going to let it happen to me. I believe in performing, and giving my 100 percent in every role I do – be it negative or positive.

Although I like doing negative characters because negativity exists all around the society, I also love doing positive characters because it is positivity that is making us survive the tough phases in life. Then, I also love to enact all those grey characters which are somewhere in between good and evil. So, no matter what I play, I believe in justifying it and making it as real as possible because I want to grow as an actress. I am proud of whatever I have achieved till now but want to achieve more.

Your favourite character played to date and why?
Now that's a tough one to answer. I think I am in love with all of my characters, they are like my babies. But if I had to pick one, then I would say that Doha's character from Pani Jaisa Pyar is my favourite and very close to my heart.

And which character do you think reflects the actual you?
I really do not know. I believe all my characters reflect a little bit of my actual personality.

What is the weirdest thing that a role required you to do?
I remember we were shooting for a telefilm called Mirza Sahiban in Lahore with Sarmad Khoosat as director. We were shooting a campus sequence where the hero comes riding a horse and takes away her lady love. I was playing the character of Sahiban. In this particular scene, I was expected to ride a horse with the hero but unfortunately I did not know riding then. So, when both of us got on the horse, and the FASHION MAGAZINEmoment the director said "Action!" we lost control and both of us came crashing to the ground. That was a horrible and very painful experience.

Who is your favourite director to work with?
I think everyone is great, but I would love to work with Shoaib Mansoor one day. I think he is an absolutely
amazing director.

Any plans of working behind the camera, as a director or a producer?
Sure, why not. I would absolutely love to be a producer one day. As far as direction is concerned, I do not see it happening in the near future because for that I need to educate myself first. So, I might go into production in a few years but I am not so sure about direction.


How do you unwind?
I love spending time in a spa, I love pampering myself. Other than that, I like to spend time at home, with my friends, and watch movies.

People say that actresses cannot be friends. Do you believe that?
That's news to me! (Laughs)

So, do you have friends in the industry?
I have a good working relationship with everyone.

What's your biggest dream?
I want to grow more as an actress and do justice to acting. Then of course I also want to do something good with my life, help others in any way I can.

What does love mean to you?
Love is everything for me! I cannot survive
without it.

What's your biggest strength?
My mother, family, and my close friends are my biggest strength.

Your favourite travel destination and why?
I love New York because it's wild, crazy and fun. London is also a favourite because it has a lot of warmth
to it.

If you could change one quality about yourself, what would it be?
I would like to be more inclined towards religion and pray five times a day. I would also like to bemore tolerant.



People say that acting as a profession is full of uncertainties. What's your take on that?
I don't think that's the case now, not anymore. Acting is a full-fledged career these days. However, it's always sensible to have a plan B.

What is something that you did not know when you started your career?
I believe everything happens for a reason. Whatever needs to happen will happen. So, I believe in living in the moment.

So, no regrets till now?
Not at all. That was my journey and I am proud of it. I wouldn't change anything even if I could. God planned this for me and I am completely content with it.

If you had not ended up in showbiz where would you be?
I would probably have been a fashion designer.

Do you plan to pursue fashion designing?
I don't know. I have absolutely no idea. Yes, may be in the next few years, let's see.

Please tell us about your upcoming projects.
We are currently shooting a project called Ideals, it's by A&B Productions. There are two or three others which I can't disclose right now. So, a lot of things are in the pipeline.

When can we expect to see you on the big screen?
(Laughs) Oh I would love to work in films. If the right offer comes my way, then I would love to do it.

Would you like to give any message to your fans?
Watch my work, appreciate it, criticise it as well. Your feedback is very important to me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We watch your work but where and how to appreciate, criticize it as well; if our feedback is so very important to You Nausheen Shah.
Please inform accordingly

Anonymous said...

plzz avoid to take smoke of cigarette you are muslim yr

Unknown said...

Nausheen started her career as model and appeared in many TV commercials such as Habib Bank Warid Telecom and first women Bank

Post a Comment